She is super nice and it shows when she is negotiating. She has the soft skills for a great negotiator. At the same time, she understands efficiency and gets to the point without wasting time and being clearly.
I purchased the condo that I sold through Roberta back in 2010. At the time, I was a first time home buyer and was not at all familiar with the real estate market. Roberta not only held our hand through the process, but also introduced us to the other professionals (e.g., lawyer, mortgage broker) who were critical to the home buying process.
Fast forward to 2015, we were ready to sell the condo and buy our second home. I returned to Roberta without much hesitation for the following reasons:
1. Roberta is extremely responsive: I am also a professional who is in the service industry and am on email at all hours of the day. So is Roberta. She will pick up her phone and respond to your emails and texts, unless she is in bed.
2. Roberta’s knowledge of the industry is superb: I have only worked with Roberta within the 02130, JP zip code, but have discussed other areas with her for different reasons and her knowledge of the market is outstanding.
3. Roberta is straight forward: I’m also a straight forward, no hide the balls, let’s not fool around kind of a person and this I truly appreciated from Roberta. I’m not saying that Roberta’s not a nice person. She is super nice and it shows when she is negotiating. She has the soft skills for a great negotiator. At the same time, she understands efficiency and gets to the point without wasting time and being clearly.
4. Roberta shows up for everything: My personal hobby has now become real estate. I sometimes help personal friends overseas buy and sell. I have seen agents and event attorneys not show up at closings. Roberta comes to everything — inspections, closings, or just a visit to the site. Most real estate agents are reimbursed for their fees when a deal closes, at a flat fee, usually at a pre-determined percentage of the purchase price, and not on an hourly basis. Such fee arrangement inevitably supports a behavior whereby agents would prefer to not participate in those activities that do not really require their presence. Again, Roberta comes to everything and to me that shows dedication.
5. Even after the deal closes, Roberta is there to help you: Roberta just doesn’t disappear once the deal closes — she’s there to help.
Roberta was not only our seller’s agent, but also our buyer’s agent for our new place. We will definitely return to her for the sale of this place as well.